The most asked about eye look of late is the sexy, smoldering, smoky eye.Axstn
Another tutorial for the smoky eye? True, you can certainly Google ‘smoky eye tutorial’ and come up with a slew of videos to teach you the application techniques of this look; however… If you are past the age of 22, you will be hard pressed to find a model that you can relate to. Go ahead, try it. Google ‘mature smoky eye’. You will find a tutorial for looking more mature using the smoky eye. I don’t need that, do you? And, you will find a tutorial for the mature woman, using a model of about mink and silk lashes.
Oh, C’mon. Well, I am here to change that! We are going to demonstrate the mature smoky eye. Using. My. Eyes. There are those that would say I am nuts. I won’t argue. Oh, and another thing. There are many ways to achieve the smoky eye look; some being more complicated than others. The look we will work with here is simple to create, doable, and can be worn well by us mature ladies, as well as you younger gals, as we go about our day to day business looking simply smashing. For starters, go ahead and dust your mineral foundation or mineral concealer over your eyelids as a base to prevent sticking; creating a smooth palate. Now add a base of shimmer with Peach, Bliss or Glitz.
You will also need:
- Style Minerals eye pencil in Black Ebony.
- Three varying shades of black and gray eye shadow, and a highlight shadow. Soft Black and Whisper will give you all three shades needed.
- Dark mascara in Black Magic.
- Eyelash curler
- Four brushes: Eyeshadow brush, Crease brush, Angled Shadow & Liner brush, Eyeliner brush.
Tip: The smoky eye can be created using purples, blues, or greens, not just neutral grays, blacks and browns. For this tutorial, we will stay with the traditional blacks and grays.
1. Line your eye with your soft Black Ebony pencil, thicker along upper mink and silk lashes, and thicker still in the middle of the eye. No need to be precise here, get messy with it. Then smudge with brush or your finger, working pencil into the mink and silk lashes line.
2. Work your darkest color, Soft Black over the Black Ebony eye pencil, smudging and pressing the powder into the base of the mink and silk lashes and pencil line, using the Eyeshadow brush. No need to be neat or precise here either.
3. Using your mid tone gray (Soft Black mixed with Whisper), apply this on top of the Soft Black just applied to your eyelid, pressing the color into the lid, and almost into the crease. Use your eyeshadow brush again for this step. (In between shadow color changes, wipe your brush on a towel that you have set out on the counter in order to keep your shadow colors true).
Tip: You can get different looks with same color by using different brushes; experiment.
4. Take your light to medium gray (Soft Black mixed with a bit more Whisper) and window wiper it into your crease, using your crease brush. Now is the time to finish off the details, no more messiness. Blend, blend, blend it all together.
5. Finally, take Whisper, and highlight under your brow, to open up your mink and silk lashes and make your eyes sparkle!
Tip: Whisper is a magic color that everyone can use. Under the brows, and around the inside corner of the eye for instant glow.
The easy smoky eye is made even easier now with the Style Minerals Simple Smoky Eye Kit. You can purchase Soft Black and Whisper multi tasking minerals separately and mix your own smoky, sultry colors, or you can purchase the Simple Smoky Eye Kit with the pre-mixed colors taken care of! Buy It Now! As always, ask for what you want. I can customize most anything to fit your needs; Need brushes? Spunky sparkle, or sophisticated matte? You name it, you got it. If you liked this post, why don’t you join us on Facebook for more pure mineral makeup tips, healthy lifestyle conversations and special offers. Stop by and introduce yourself! Go on…we are waiting for you!
Lisa D Liguori